Posts Tagged ‘photography’
Fine arts and photography by Chema Gil.
Remember the competition we launched last month in collaboration with Currys and PC World? We asked our readers to send us via Twitter a small gallery with 3 photographs on the theme: “Water, Water, Everywhere“. The prize? A fantastic Canon EOS 7D 18-135mm Digital SLR.
The contest was a real success as we received over 150 entries. Choosing the winner was not an easy task, because there are a lot of really talented photographers out there, but in the end we did it :)
Who Killed Bambi, Curry and PC World really want to thank everyone who took the time to enter the contest and share with us their work and their passion for photography.
So, drumroll…. the winner of the “Water, Water, Everywhere competition” is Jure Čufer, a slovenian photographer and videomaker who sent us a very poetic set of pics that address a critical and urgent issue: the relationship between water as a natural element and water as a commercial product. So he writes:
“The paradox of the modern society, where water is interpreted as property of the few and we are forced to pay for the thing which is literally surrounding us. Whether it’s paid or free, at the end the nature will take it away from us and put it back where it belongs.”
Who Killed Bambi has teamed up with Currys and PC World to offer our lovely readers the opportunity to win a fantastic Canon EOS 7D 18-135mm Digital SLR.
All you need to do is create a small gallery with 3 photographs you took that approach the theme: Water, Water, Everywhere. Here is how:
- Choose 3 pictures from your portfolio, or take new ones.
- Publish the pictures on your own website or on one of the many online visual platforms (including Pintrest, Tumblr, or Flickr).
- Give us some insight on how you approached the theme by writing a short description. In the description please mention our sponsor DSLRs from Currys
- Let us know you’re entering by tweeting @bambikillers @Canon_Camera and #H20slr.
The winner will be chosen by Who Killed Bambi, along with Currys and PC World. We will judge each picture on the following criteria: the aesthetic value of each photograph, techniques used and the buzz created by each post.
As always, the usual Terms & Conditions apply.
- If you are chosen, you will be contacted via the mention function on Twitter
- Winners must respond within seven days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen
- Valid entries must respect the competition guidelines above
- Currys PC World reserve the right to feature entries on their blog for content related to the competition
- This competition is promoted by www.WhoKilledBambi.co.uk. The prize is provided by www.Currys.co.uk.
- Entries can be submitted until April 5th, 2013 at 12:00 PM CET
- The contest is open to anyone worldwide.